Authoress Isobel Kuhn was a dedicated missionary to the Lisu people of China in 1950 when she was warned to evacuate the country due to a new political situation. The Chinese Civil War ended the year before, in 1949, and the People’s Republic of China took over, sending down a “Bamboo Curtain” of hostility toward [...]
I started a new YouTube channel… a bold move for a woman who is not good at speaking!
I’m looking for people to review medical memoirs on Squidoo. The books I’m talking about are memoirs by doctors, nurses, midwives, or other medical personnel… or books by people suffering from specific diseases.
It took a long time to get around to writing this blog post. I’ve been grappling with some heavy philosophical issues, related to this blog… like “Who am I?” and “What do I write here?” and “How much do I want to tell them?” Things like that.
About MeHi! Welcome to my site where I get into writing, book reviews, personal meanderings, art displays, and business issues for writers and web workers. I'm Linda Jo Martin, the Book Lady. I live in Post Falls, Idaho, which is near Coeur d'Alene. I'm the author of River Girl, a novel set in the Klamath River Valley in Northern California, around 1920.
- Schedules! Do they work for you?
- She’s a Bulldog
- What Really Happened When I Left Happy Camp and Moved to Idaho
- Book Review: The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
- Book Review: Education and the Significance of Life by J. Krishnamurti
- A Daily Mind-Map Journal
- Do You Ever Read Medical Memoirs?
- It Is Novel Writing Season Again!
- Green Leaf in Drought Time: Isobel Kuhn Backstory and Book Review
- Linda Jo Martin – My Bio