Here’s something I wrote in my writing practice notebook last year:
On a search for my true self and the purpose of my being here, I confess to knowing the following so far:
1. Every really bad experience prepares us to help others living through that experience at a later date.
2. Life without the ability to reach out and help others is pretty lame… leaving a self-seeker feeling unfulfilled.
3. Sometimes it takes courage to be the one to reach out.
4. Not everyone will understand your issues or agree with your perceptions.
5. If you really want to help make the world a better place you must surge forward without regard to public opinion.
6. Peace and silence are conducive to clarity of thought.
7. We are all related and contain the same quality of beautiful spiritual light, though some are more conscious of that than others.
8. Life cannot be fully lived without interactions with others.
9. Intentions and outcomes are not always the same because sometimes you get something better than expected.
10. There is beauty in every human being; it may be covered by Karmic junk, but the beauty is always there.