Get ready to write. Your writing assignment is this: Name ten things you’re happy about today. I wouldn’t ask you to do something I wouldn’t do, so I’ll start.
1. My dog is quiet and friendly.
2. I just finished fasting and am drinking orange juice now.
3. I made soup yesterday and it is waiting for me in the fridge.
4. I’m finally going to go to the SF Bay Area to research that novel I started planning in 2004.
5. I have a cozy and warm new sweater.
6. My life is pretty peaceful.
7. I have more free time now that I quit the Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
8. I’m making new web pages and am no longer stalled there.
9. I’m revising The Seagull Rebellion. Finally.
10. I’m about to publish River Girl and The Scribe of Irohila.
So there’s my happiness reasons for today. What are you happy about?